English for exams
Our teaching staff are experienced in preparing students for a wide range of examinations. Many of these use the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), which validates students from beginners (A1) to advanced (C2). Please click here for more information about the CEFR.
We can help you pass the following exams:
- A2 Key (formerly KET) - shows you can communicate in simple situations.
- B1 Preliminary (formerly PET) – shows you have mastered the basics and have practical English skills.
- B2 First (formerly FCE) - the most popular Cambridge exam, recognised by many companies and educational establishments around the world.
- C1 Advanced (formerly CAE) - in-depth, high-level qualification.
- C2 Proficiency (formerly CPE) – demonstrates that you have a high level of fluency and an exceptional level.
- IELTS – widely regarded as an ideal qualification to enter university or work in an English-speaking company. Evaluates English at a range of levels.
- B1 Business Preliminary (formerly BEC Preliminary) – practical language skills to begin doing business in English.
- B2 Business Vantage (formerly BEC Vantage) – demonstrates that a student can work internationally in the English-speaking business world.
- C1 Business Higher (formerly BEC Higher) – shows that a student can work well in English at a senior level in the business world.
- Occupational English Test (for healthcare professionals) – created for students who want to use their English in any of the following medical fields: Dentistry, Dietetics, Medicine, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Radiography, Speech Pathology and Veterinary Science.
- TOEFL – Standing for 'Test of English as a Foreign Language', this qualification is designed for university entry, work and immigration.
- TOEIC – The 'Test of English for International Communication' is designed for those working in the English-speaking working world and evaluates the student's English at a range of levels.
We offer one-to-one programmes or group programmes. We can advise you with which examination is correct for you and advise you where to do your examination. Finally, we can adapt your programme towards your needs. Do you need to practice reading, listening, speaking or writing more? We will personalise your programme as is necessary. Do you need more practice in grammar or vocabulary? We will adapt the programme for you.